Friday, July 06, 2007

polyglot



About the quote:
The picture was drawn on the subway (hence the jerky lines) and I was trying to adapt it for this weeks IF theme which is "geeky".

I have this font that looks like ink blots and added that since I was torn between the concepts of intellectual geek vs. bite the heads off chicken geek. So while I was figuring out what she might be saying as either of the above, I used the inkblot font as a place holder for compositional purposes.
But as soon as I used the blotfont it looked so right that I couldn't change it and the girl became a member of the intelligencia speaking some form of impenetrable intellectual geeksprach.

And that in turn got me thinking of an email that I sent to a friend who had asked if my wife would be coming to her party.

I replied:
"I don't know if she will be coming and all attempts to get an answer have been met by inconclusive or ambiguous answers. Once she answered me in an extinct language. I rushed to get my proto Indo-European dictionary but by the time I got back she was speaking in Basque. We will just have to wait and see."

And that got me thinking of polyglot.

I sometimes type in odd combinations of words into google to find an appropriate quote for an image.

So on this occasion I googled polyglot cheesecake.

And the result was this quote from someone writing on an Anime forum.
There is no way I could think up something this delicious, this perfect.

10 Comments:

Blogger - Mr David Poe.com said...

I do not know of many people that can top that.

10:01 AM, July 06, 2007  
Blogger studio lolo said...

I'm a peaceful person, but even I want to slap her and tell her to shut up. My husband would say "Excuse me, but I didn't go to EVERYTHING school!"
Love the brown bag drawing.

10:15 AM, July 06, 2007  
Blogger Tina Poe said...

Great gesture, love your free lines, and the large teeth!

10:19 AM, July 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a good free lines!!!

1:57 PM, July 06, 2007  
Blogger Jeannetto said...

I like.

6:27 PM, July 06, 2007  
Blogger steve said...

yeah, pretty damn annoying. this is a wonderful sketch though--love the rawness and energy.

11:42 PM, July 06, 2007  
Blogger biteyourowntail said...

Wow, that's a quote. Fab. I like the shakiness- it works so well with the words. Great piece.

1:02 PM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Hahaha- awesome! Nice to hear you speak here too! Thanks for sharing.
Oh- and that was my comment you took from the Anime forum- haha.

5:56 PM, July 08, 2007  
Blogger Soo said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

6:35 PM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger ottoblotto said...

Delightful! My husband and children often answer me that way as well. I wonder did I miss a meeting? Sorry to be gone so long.

1:36 AM, July 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home