Sunday, February 10, 2008

drive by shooting



Caught in the crossfire
between
the bad choices that I have made
each such error having staked out its turf
unsavoury companions
dug in for a long stay
special handshakes
a secret word or two
they shake down the local merchants
and send my good intentions
(from which as they say the road
to proverbial hell is
proverbially paved)
into the witness protection
program.

For my part
I have repeatedly tried
to turn myself in.
Have confessed to countless crimes,
rubbings out
and mayhem both general and specific.

7 Comments:

Blogger studio lolo said...

This reminds me of the highway leading into Boston on a rainy day, the smell of the city still stuck in my nose from too many years there. The narrator could be my brother. Your work always stirs up things for me. That's good though, really. You know I'm a big fan, Neil.

11:12 PM, February 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work on this urban scene.

2:43 AM, February 11, 2008  
Blogger Vhrsti said...

Wow, you are excellent artist for me! Admire your works and colors you use!

12:48 PM, February 11, 2008  
Blogger life without novacaine said...

Wow, your painting style is just amazing. Love this piece.

12:18 AM, February 12, 2008  
Blogger Valeriannah said...

oooh la la! Your work is brilliant!
I love this painting, the colors and your technique.

8:59 AM, February 12, 2008  
Blogger Lori Witzel said...

Really really really really fine. While it evokes a bit of film noir and urban realism film, it's much more resonant than that...as if Wayne Thiebaud's street paintings had unsettling dreams.

http://www.artchive.com/
artchive/t/thiebaud/thiebaud_hill.jpg

5:33 PM, February 12, 2008  
Blogger Curious Art said...

Wow, your work is beautiful, atmospheric, often troubling, sometimes funny, always evocative. I'll definitely be back to see more!

10:10 AM, February 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home